Normally, I wouldn't use a silly emoticon for the title of any blog, but that's the best I can do. My words cannot express what's on my mind right now. Much of it, of course, is personal. All I can say is, "well, God's in town again".
This year is different from last year. For one, it's easier to get closer to the speakers, and it's easier to speak to others in general. For those of us who were here last year, God really has done something that has continued on. (That's not to say that those who could not return have not experienced the same!) It wasn't some event where we got excited, bought a book, and forgot about it. Our lives were changed by what we experienced and saw, and we were compelled to return.
We get to listen to Dan Biser more, and that's no let down at all. In fact, I'm thrilled to hear an everyday pastor who thinks this way. It is highly relevant to us regular sheep. The problem really is quite bad in the church. Nobody wants to pray, nobody wants to speak with the Heavenly Father. Few people see a problem with that.
Today, we heard John McGregor speak on the need for corporate prayer. He gave a number of wonderful testimonies; it was a joy listening to him. I thought it already, but I definitely know it now: God is causing people to want to pray again, and He insists that we gather for prayer. I can't convey all the way I'd like, so I won't try. Dan Biser spoke to us, also, on the need to "take time to be holy". Do we KNOW the sin which so easily besets us? Tonight, we have John Franklin.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment