Even though we called it a "conference" for publicity purposes, most of us struggle to give it a single definition. The truth is, we've never really experienced anything like this, at least those I've talked to. We all love it, I'll tell you that.
My words don't do it justice, and what I wrote on the last post sounds insufficient. I'll say the following about the last few days. John Franklin is incredibly insightful, John McGregor is wonderfully loving, Dan Biser is an awesome shepherd, Sammy Tippet is highly practical, and Aaron Miller conveyed God's glory like no other "everyday" pastor I've ever seen.
There is something else, however, which I cannot help but behold. Not sure how to explain it, but I'll try this. There has been much humility, gentleness, and patience, and many were showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. It's like we're one (conference?), in one Spirit, called in one hope, with one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. This is bizarre.
Now we're all gifted in various ways, and as some of us rallied around one special situation, the difference was both visible and beneficial. It seems as if we've been given an "equipping" for the work of service, to the building up of us all. Just in myself, I feel incredibly equipped after this week.
I heard a lot people speaking the truth in love, and there was overall growth in all aspects into Him who is the head, you know, Christ. It's like we're some sort of (conference?), from whom everyone was being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causing the growth of the (conference?) for the building up of itself in love.
This week's topic? Prayer. God wants us to pray without ceasing. He wants us to lose our self-life and cherish His abiding presence. But whatever you call it, you almost get the impression that the gates of hell couldn't prevail against it. Now that's something else.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment