Tuesday, August 26, 2008

testimony from BBtT

This email has just been received. I have her permission to reprint it here.

My husband and I were at the Broken Before the Throne Prayer Conference last fall and recently received your letter about prayer. We plan to attend the second conference again this fall and are hoping to bring at least a few people from our church with us.

Like you, we are burdened about the spiritual state of our churches and are praying for a fresh awareness of God's holiness and repentance in the lives of Christians.

The Lord has been in a process of bringing me to brokenness over the past five years. A year and a half ago, while reading Henry Blackaby's book Fresh Encounter, the Lord convicted me that I needed to pray for revival in my church and in the leadership of a Bible study that I teach.

A few months later, I read about the plans for the Broken Before the Throne prayer conference in an article on Baptist Press. I knew immediately that we needed to go to this. At the same time, the Lord was convicting my husband of the need to spend more time in the Word and in prayer. God prepared his heart to be receptive to going to WV. We were so glad we did.

Since last fall, we have been seeking to influence a handful of committed Christians in our area of the need for fervent prayer for revival. Our personal prayer lives have deepened, but the corporate prayer we are longing for is slow in coming since the adversary does what he can to keep people distracted.

While we cannot join you in person for prayer prior to the conference since we live too far away, we would love to join you in praying for the upcoming prayer conference by phone when possible and to receive prayer needs by email. I am also checking your blog periodically.

I am so encouraged that God is calling out a remnant to intercede for his people. I cannot help but feel a sense of anticipation for how the Spirit is moving.

No comments: