Sunday, September 14, 2008

Psalm 24

I want to add to what Connie wrote about Thursday's call. For the past several months, I've started taking notes during corporate prayer. Last November's Wednesday evening session with Henry Blackaby caused me to start doing that. It was then that I truly saw the power of corporate prayer for the first time.

Thursday night was an example of that power. I truly believe that it is God Himself having us focus on Psalm 24. I might have only thought that Psalm 24 was my idea, but as I hear other people talking about Psalm 24 I start to realize it is the Spirit causing us to focus on Psalm 24. He is speaking to us as a group; I believe He wants us to pray that our hearts would be prepared for October. Our hearts, the hearts of other attendees, the hearts of the speakers, etc.

Certainly, we are so familiar with Psalm 24:3-6. "Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart..."
For whatever reason, the rest of the Psalm (:7-10) was sticking out to me. "Lift up your heads, O gates, And be lifted up, O ancient doors, That the King of glory may come in!..."

Before the call
I was reading links listed in my Bible and came to Isaiah 62:10. Go through, go through the gates, Clear the way for the people; Build up, build up the highway, Remove the stones, lift up a standard over the peoples.

During the call
, another person who was totally unaware of my verse, prayed Isaiah 57:14: And it will be said, "Build up, build up, prepare the way, Remove every obstacle out of the way of My people."

Truly my mouth dropped open. This must surely be God's voice.

No comments: